Thursday, May 22, 2008

OVERHEARD...

I was so extrememly tired after my trip to AZ, (which was wonderful. look for blog to be posted) so after eating lunch with the counselor, I decided to spend 35 glorious minutes napping in my car at the park. Of course, there are only two and a half trees on the entire property that actually provide any shade, so all 22 vehicles were trying to crowd into a very small area. Fortunately the nap gods were smiling upon me and a veh moved just as I turned in. I gratefully took the spot which was in between a great big camo clad military guy napping in a tiny little sports coupe and two tiny little teenage blondes smoking in a great big jacked up, and beat up green pickup truck. Since the soldier was so relaxed, I decided there was probably no immediate danger of terrorist attack, so I let my seat back and got as comfy as I could in my car and closed my eyes. Just as I was about to doze off, this young blonde voice drifted through the open window. That's when I heard:

"Daddy says he won't do it again if I promise not to do it again either..."

Not sure what else was said, but I didn't get my nap 'cause my mind was spinning wildly to come up with any possibilities as to what that sentence could have been referring.

We are in Alabama after all...

I'm just glad I was able to serve my country in some small way. By being between the girls and the soldier, at least his nap wasn't disturbed.

No comments: