Monday, February 09, 2009

CASE SENSITIVE? ABSOLUTELY!! & BOLD & UNDERLINED!!!

“… for I KNOW whom I have believed and am persuaded that HE is able…” (II Timothy 1:12)

And THAT is where I find the most comfort in these strange & trying times. And because of THAT, I will continue to pray to GOD that HE will continue to bless and keep his people. And just as I have in the past, I will continue to pray that GOD will bless our leaders, ESPECIALLY our president, with the much needed wisdom to make the right choices for our country and the strength necessary to lead us in the right direction. Just as WE elected them to do.

But above all, I will continue to pray to the one and only GOD that, in his infinite GRACE and MERCY, and in spite of our ignorance, he will continue to BLESS my Parents, Siblings, Husband, Friends, and me with the abundant gifts we enjoy each and every day of our lives: Food, clothing, homes, PRECIOUS children, jobs, entertainments, and the knowledge and comfort of having FAMILY & FRIENDS who love us in spite of our faults and failures, and a GOD who loves us unconditionally.

We would all (including & especially our president and leaders) do well to heed the psalmist's words:

“…Be still, and know that I am GOD: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalms 46:10)

1 comment:

susan said...

I'm glad that you have found something that you gives you such confidence and peace. When I find the path that gives me the same, I hope that I will also find others who will lovingly support and respect my happiness and my ability as an adult to recognize my own truth, even if it doesn't directly reflect their own.

I've never been confident enough to assume that just because I see something one way or another it must be right. Maybe because I just haven't found an answer that fits all of my questions? I don't know. But, while I don't foresee finding "the one" answer anytime soon, I am quite content to keep on searching until I run into it, whatever it might be. For me, perhaps, the journey is less about the destination and more about all I can explore and experience along the way.

As for our leaders, I still hold to what I said in my post: be careful what you wish for. Be SPECIFIC what you pray for. What do you mean when you say "God"? I assume you mean your God... or do you mean the God who led Joseph Smith to the Golden Plates? JHVH? Allah? Ahura Mazda? Perhaps one of the Hindu deities? Or one of the supreme beings of the other 8 classical religions, each having as many followers and a claim to longevity as Christianity. No? I thought not. And that was the point I was making.